Friday, April 1, 2011

Duck or Hot Dog?

Am I the only one who thinks that "pato" sounds like "hot dog"? Seriously.

Bean has this toy that says all the animal names when you press it. I didn't know that it was a bilingual toy because I didn't buy it. So you press it once it says the name in English, you press it again and it says it in Spanish. Press it again and it breaks out in song. So each time he'd press it, I'd hear "duck" and then "hot dog". I was very confused about this.


I am thinking "what is this crazy toy saying?' 

Then one day I heard "dog" and then "perro" and it clicked that this was a bilingual toy. Seriously, I didn't know because the toy does 10 different things. I promise you I am not crazy or dumb. The word just really sounds like hot dog to me.

And it's not just that toy. On one of his singing DVD's the "pato" sounds like "hot dog". Am I losing it?

I know...it's just me. I'm sure no one else has had this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment